Friday, March 25, 2011

mid week 12


 Wednesday morning I start out with yogurt, a banana and a low sodium v-8 for breakfast. I hit the gym and start out on the treadmill for 20 minutes to get the blood pumping. Then I head over to the weights to do some bicep and trap work. I finish my morning workout with 20 minutes on the arc trainer and then 20 minutes on the rowing machine.
 I ate some grapes and an orange as soon as I got home from the gym and a couple hours later made a huge salad with broccoli and carrots and mushrooms. I left the cheese off this time, something I need to do more often. I’m working today so, no evening trip to the gym today. My girlfriend made a very special dinner for tonight, Stuffed shells and another salad. I have learned that if your girlfriend is going to take the time to make a special dinner than, you better eat it.lol. I know the stuffed shells were not the best for me but, I’m ok with it.
Thursday morning began with a yogurt, a banana and a low sodium v-8. Then it’s off to the gym for some cardio. The usual 20/20/20 minute split and I head for home. I ate some grapes and strawberries and then a couple of hours later I ate a huge delicious salad. I have been using romaine and spinach for my salads this week. I believe that it’s one of the best combinations as far as health benefits go. We ended up going for a nice little hike in the afternoon. Probably close to a mile with changing elevations.
 Dinner time was a chicken stir fry. Thursday night we decided to hit a karaoke bar for some entertainment, drinks and fun. After having another fun filled evening of activities with a bunch of Michiganders 3500 miles from home we decided to visit a local favorite hamburger joint. It was a Bad decision that was made under the influence of alcohol. I can only say oops at this time.lol.
Friday I had a yogurt, a banana and a low sodium v-8 for breakfast. I’m feeling a little rough today but, not too bad. Lunchtime came we ended up visiting the local burrito truck for some Mexican food. I decided to head to the gym. I start with the normal 20 minutes on the treadmill and head over to the weights to finish up my weight training for the week. I’m working my back and shoulders today. I haven’t done my back and shoulders in 2 weeks because of sickness and injury. I finish off with 20 minutes on the arc trainer and head home for dinner. I ate 2 waffles with strawberries, one egg that was scrambled and some cantaloupe. I did not use any butter or syrup on dinner tonight.
 I think the reality of what a job this actually is going to be for me to reach my goal, kind of sunk in today. I have seen obvious improvements and feel obvious health improvements so that definitely keeps me going. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am in a war and not just a battle. There are no quick fixes and I am looking at a complete lifestyle change. I’m not going to beat myself up too much about eating junk late Thursday night, I can only learn from it and move on. I’ve been to the gym everyday so far this week and don’t intend on taking a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment