Sunday, March 13, 2011

end of week 10

 I had a few errands to run on Wednesday when I woke up and also knew I was heading to a show this evening so, I am only making it to the gym once today. We stopped for lunch and I ate some baked fish along with a salad and a chicken taco. Errands are done and my belly is full so, I head to the gym.
I am working my biceps and trap muscles today along with the normal 60 minutes of cardio. First I start with 20 minutes on the treadmill and then head over to the weights. I finish up my weight routine and move on to finish up my cardio routine. I hit the shower and then I’m out of there.
When I got home from the gym I decided to eat a salad around mid afternoon. I’ve been doing my best to eat lots of salad and to eat a lot of carrots and broccoli raw. I’m excited to go to this show tonight, it should be fun. A Michigan group called greensky bluegrass. We met up with some friends at the spot where the concert is going down and decided to have dinner. My dinner ended up being a green salad and a grass fed cheese burger with a giant portabella mushroom on top. It was definitely one of the top 5 burgers I have ever eaten. Thank you Humboldt brewing company for that. I had a few drinks during the show and also smoked a little bit. The show was as good as I expected it to be.
 When I woke up on Thursday morning I felt absolutely horrible. I must have picked up some sickness from somebody at that show. I could not get out of bed at all on Thursday. I did not eat anything on Thursday and pretty much slept on and off all day and night. I have not been this sick in many years.
 I was hoping that when I woke up on Friday I would feel good enough to go to the gym but, it didn’t happen. For the second straight week I was going to miss 2 days in a row of workouts. I’m not happy about it but, what can I do really? Just rest and try to get better. Friday I was able to eat a little bit throughout the day. I had 2 eggs with toast and also a little bit of spaghetti in the evening. I’ve been taking lots of vitamins and some other natural remedies to try and get better. It is starting to work.
 Saturday morning I woke with the plan on hitting the gym no matter how I felt. I started the day off with some special k cereal for breakfast with 2% milk. I still felt like shit but, no way was I taking 3 days off from the gym. My cardio workout was tough but, I soldiered through it and did all 60 minutes. When I made it home I cooked up a chicken breast and put it on top of another fantastic salad.
 Evening time came and I was bored so, I said, to hell with it, I’ll go back to the gym, so I did. Just a 40 minute cardio session and I’m out. I headed home for dinner which I had a small amount of roast beef and some peanut butter toast with all natural peanut butter and some good for you toast. Smoked a little bit and then hit the sack.
 I woke up Sunday still felling rough. I was hoping to be feeling better than this by now. I eat some cereal for breakfast and then head to the gym. It’s another 60 minute cardio session and I’m out. I ate a roast beef sandwich for lunch and had a tuna filet with a baked potato and steamed broccoli for dinner.
 It’s kind of crazy to think that making it to the gym 8 times this week and 8 times last week that I feel a little bit disappointed. I’ve been at a 12 times a week pace for weeks now. But, the fact of the matter is, I could not control any of the circumstances I was placed in. so, all I can do is bounce back and use it as motivation.
 I’ve been real happy with my level of smoking. I have had some real good self control. Wednesday night was also the only night I drank alcohol this week and I’m happy about that. Something else I’m stoked about is that I have not had any chewing tobacco in 7 days. This is an addiction that I have battled since I was 12 years old. I am not saying that I’ve won yet but, it’s a hell of a start.

1 comment:

  1. Missing your posts this week Butch! Happy Friday to you two!