Thursday, February 10, 2011

mid week 6


I wake up Wednesday morning and start my day with a peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast. I hit the gym for some cardio. The normal 20/20/20 minute split and I’m out. Lunchtime I decide to make a grilled cheese and some veggie soup. It is a friend of mines birthday today so, I’m not going to make it back to the gym in the evening. I am heading over to his house for dinner and some festivities. Dinner was an incredible bacon wrapped beef tenderloin and baked chicken and twice baked potatoes. The good side, I did eat salad and corn with it.
All right look, I created this blog to give everyone my real life experience. Wednesday night things got a little crazy. It was my homies birthday so; I ate too much, smoked too much, and drank way too much. The funny thing is, I now realize I smoked too much and ate too much because I drank too much. I shouldn’t be doing any of these things. The fact of the matter is, I’m a little let down in myself. I mean, I can try to justify it to myself as just one night but, that’s not the path I want to be taking. I can only reflect and think to myself what a dumbass move I just made. I absolutely need to stay away from the alcohol right now because it leads to bad decisions. Bloody Mary’s excluded.LOL.
 So, I find this situation motivating. You can get knocked down but, it’s how you get up that matters. This 6 week period I have learned a lot about myself. I’ve come along ways but, have a long ways to go. I still feel good about my progress even though tonight was a bad night. I have to think about the big picture so; this is only a bump in the road.
Thursday morning I wake up and feel like someone bashed me in the head with a sledgehammer. I haven’t been drinking much in the last 3 months so; I guess I have become a light weight. I eat some cereal but, don’t feel good about my chances to hit the gym today. It’s ok though, I haven’t taken a full day off of the gym in a few weeks. I see it as a good thing.
 For lunch I had a small sirloin steak with carrots, broccoli and zucchini. I also ate some chips and salsa around snack time and for dinner had baked fish and rice. I have 3 more days this week to make up for the last 2 days of slacking. I intend on making the most of it.

1 comment: