Sunday, February 13, 2011

end of week 6


 Friday I wake up focused and feeling good. I start my day off with a bowl of cereal. I know cereal is loaded with calories but, it is this week’s breakfast alternative. I’m off to the gym. I start with 20 minutes on the treadmill turning it up to 3.5 mph and a 9.0% grade. This always gets the sweat rolling, and I sweat like one legged man at an ass kicking contest. Then it’s over to the weights. I’m working my biceps and traps today. I get my lifting in then its back to the cardio.
20 minutes on the elliptical and then 20 more minutes on the arc trainer. Then its home for lunch. I ate salad and a chicken pot pie for lunch. Again, the pot pie is loaded with bad stuff but, it’ll have to do for today. Friday evening I head back to the gym, 20 minutes on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the arc trainer and then it’s off to the pool. I swim 10 laps and head home for dinner. Dinner ended up being a chicken stir fry.
 Saturday morning I start the day with cereal for breakfast. Then I head to the gym. I start with the usual 20 minutes on the treadmill. I’m working my back and shoulders today so; I head over to the weights. This is probably my toughest workout but, I power through it. I finish off my cardio with 20 minutes on the elliptical and then 20 minutes on the arc trainer.
 For lunch I ate baked fish and a salad with a chicken taco as a kicker. I’m not able to return to the gym Saturday evening. We only have one vehicle for 3 people right now so; I have to be flexible with the truck. I ate 3 pieces of cheese pizza for dinner.
 Sunday morning I wake up feeling pretty good. I start with cereal for breakfast. Then I head to the gym. I’m just doing cardio today so I do the usual 20/20/20 minute split on the cardio machines. Lunch was grilled chicken with bacon, mashed potatoes and some corn.
 Sunday evening I head back to the gym. I love going to healthsport on Sunday evenings because it’s so chill in there. I do 40 minutes of cardio on the machines and then it’s off to the pool. I only swam 5 laps because it’s all I have time for before the pool closes. Dinner ended up being a turkey sub.
 I had a good weekend of workouts. After my mid week debacle I think I rebounded fairly well. I have 2 more weeks before my second weigh in. my thoughts are that I’m happy with workouts but, I need to do a better job on the diet side of things. I know it sounds cliché but, it’s expensive to eat healthy all the time. However, I know I can improve, and I will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment