Thursday, January 27, 2011

mid week 4 push week


 Wednesday was another great workout day. I started with a peanut butter English muffin and some 2% chocolate milk and it’s off to the gym I go. 20 minutes on the treadmill and I’m over to the weights. I’m working my biceps and trap muscles today. 12 sets of 12 reps for each body part is my preferred method.
 I go back to the cardio side of the gym. I do 20 minutes on the elliptical and then 20 minutes on the arc trainer. I set a good pace today. I’m happy with that workout so, I hit the shower and head home. For lunch I ate a grilled chicken sandwich with bacon.
 I’m feeling good Wednesday evening so, I decide to head back to the gym. I do 20 more minutes on the treadmill. I turn up the speed to 3.5 mph and 9.0% grade. It was a little tougher than I thought it would be. But, I push through it and I head over to the arc trainer for another 20 minute session. Dinner was baked fish with asparagus and carrots.
 Breakfast on Thursday was peanut butter whole wheat toast and yogurt. Thursday morning I just do cardio. I’ll finish my weight training on Friday. I start with the usual 20 minutes on the treadmill. Then it’s on to the elliptical for 20 minutes. I finish strong on the arc trainer and then hit the shower.
 My legs are pretty fatigued today so, I skip my evening session of cardio. I want to give my legs some recovery time. For dinner I ate cheese pizza. 3 slices. I also have a glass of lemonade…with vodkaJ. I’m looking to get a good night’s rest and back at it hard tomorrow morning and evening.
3 days left until weigh in. I need to finish this week strong.

1 comment: