Sunday, January 23, 2011

end of week 3


  Thursday was a good day at the gym. Woke up at around 8:30 and ate an English muffin with peanut butter for breakfast and then I hit the gym around ten. No sense of getting there too early because I’ll have to wait to use a machine. I do the normal 60 minute cardio program. Still no weight lifting for me, soreness is going away but, it’s still there!
  Lunch was more cheese pizza. After reading some scary facebook post about the connection between cancer and processed foods I have to now cut out the sandwiches. This is going to be tough for me. But, it was a pretty eye opening article and I think it makes sense to lay off as much processed foods as I can. Dinner was organic Mac and cheese. Taste all right I guess.
  I wake up Friday morning feeling good and energized. I throw some cereal down my throat with a cut up banana in it and I’m off to the gym. Cardio routine, 60 minutes and I’m out. I had a salad for lunch. I love mushrooms so I put a bunch of those on my salad. Tiny bit of shredded cheese and some low cal balsamic dressing. I ate dinner a little earlier than usual so; I could go back to the gym. Dinner was another salad, this time with ranch and a few more trimmings. I also had 2 hot wings.
  Around 6 pm I headed back to the gym. I do 15 minutes on the tread mill, 8.0% grade and 3.2 mph. another 15 minutes on the arc trainer and then I’m off to the pool. I can tell my cardio is getting better because swimming is becoming easier to me. I’m able to swim a lot further. Shower up and head home.
  Saturday, was another banana and cereal breakfast. I did finish my weight program for the week by working my back and shoulders. I went at a good pace, the workout felt really good. 30 minutes of cardio today. Lunch was some yogurt and chips and salsa and dinner was baked chicken with rice and broccoli. I had a brownie for desert. Brownie? Hell yah, its Saturday….
  Sunday was another day of rest for me. Breakfast was yogurt with an English muffin. Dinner was chicken and squash. I feel it was a good week of progress. Really wish I would have done cardio today but, I’ll be back at it hard next week. Getting closer to my first official weigh in. it will be February 3rd. I have a few more days to push hard and finish the month strong.

2 comments: