Tuesday, January 25, 2011

beginningof week 4 PUSH WEEK!!


I rolled out of bed feeling good and energized Monday morning. My breakfast was yogurt and a peanut butter English muffin. I got to the gym around the usual time. Started on the treadmill, 20 hard minutes get’s my blood pumping. I’m lifting today, working my chest and triceps. I do 12 sets of 12 reps for each body part. Last week I tore myself up so, it should be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow.
  Then I’m back to the cardio equipment. 20 hard minutes on the elliptical machine and then over to the arc trainer. Another 20 minutes on that machine, the last 2 minutes I go as hard as I can and it feels good. Cardio started a little rough today, I guess that’s what I get for taking a day off. I’m in the shower and I head home.
 Lunch was some organic soup, good stuff but, loaded with salt. I just don’t understand why they load everything with salt. I hate it. I have a late afternoon snack of yogurt and chips and salsa. I feel my muscles tightening.
 I head back to the gym. I’m considering this week push week so; I’m going to work my ass off this week. Weigh in is Monday so, there’s a lot on the line. 15 minutes on the elliptical, then 15 on the arc trainer. It feels good tonight, I like it. I hit the hot tub and then the shower. I ate a serving of stove top with some chicken mixed in for dinner.
Tuesday morning, my muscles feel much better this week than last week. I’m stoked about it. Breakfast was yogurt and peanut butter whole wheat toast. Off to the gym I go! I’m just doing cardio today the normal 60 minute routine.20/20/20 split and I’m out. For lunch I had a salad, I loaded it up pretty good. I also ate some baked fish.
 Then it’s back to the gym in the evening. Busy in healthsport tonight. I start on the arc trainer. I make it to 20 minutes fairly easily. I feel great about this. I hit the treadmill for another 20 minutes. I turned up the grade to 8.0% but, I could only do 3 mph comfortably.
 Dinner was a steak taco that I made at home along with some mashed potatoes. I feel great about my progress this week. After all it is push week with weigh in coming next Monday. I think I’ll be happy with whatever the scale says because I’m feeling so good. My heart is doing well. I push myself but try to do it carefully.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I think you should add a photo to each week's post (if you want!) Keep up the great work!! I still need to get to the post office to mail out that book I promised.

    ReplyDelete