Tuesday, February 22, 2011

start of week 8


 It’s Monday morning and I decide to eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast and then head to the gym. I’m working my chest and triceps today but, I need to start with 20 minutes on the treadmill. I get a good sweat rolling and then head over to the weights. After my weight routine I return to the cardio machines. I’m scrapping the elliptical machine this week and am going to use the rowing machine for 20 minutes instead. I like it, it actually says I burned more calories rowing than the normal 20 minutes on the elliptical, I’m happy with this. I finish off my morning cardio with the arc trainer for 20 minutes and then its home for lunch.
 For lunch today I had a salad, baked potato and a chicken breast with cheese. I head back to healthsport in the evening for some more cardio. I spend 20 minutes on the treadmill and then hit the arc trainer for 20 more minutes. I decide to get some swimming in to. I do 10 laps and then head home for dinner. I eat a turkey sandwich and snack on some chips and salsa and then its bedtime.
 Tuesday morning it’s another peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast. I head to the gym for a cardio session. I do the 20/20/20 minute split on the machines in the morning and then head home. For lunch I eat a tuna fish sandwich and also have some organic all natural mac and cheese. I don’t feel like heading back to the gym in the evening but, I do it anyways. A 40 minute cardio session on the treadmill and arc trainer is the plan. I don’t swim tonight and then I head home for dinner. I ate a turkey sandwich and low sodium all natural vegetable soup for dinner.
 I’ve been doing great on my attempt to limit my smoking. I only have smoked once on Friday night and once on Saturday. So, in the last 10 days I have only smoked twice. My girlfriend monitors my sleep patterns and she said I am sleeping a lot more soundly and a lot more quietly. As much as I hate to admit it, cutting back on my smoking has helped me out a lot. So, I’m going to continue to only smoke limited amounts on the weekend and not at all during the week.
 I have also learned that when I don’t feel like heading to the gym or I want to quit early that’s when it’s most important to dig deep and put out maximum effort. This effort alone has made a big difference in my weight loss and overall outlook on things. Right now, everything is going great. I’ve been to the gym an average of 12 times per week. Honestly, my legs can’t take much more than that right now. My overall health improvement is very evident and I can definitely see a difference. My girlfriend says that at my next weigh in with pictures that I will definitely see the difference. We’ll see, weigh in is 9 days away.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your sleeping is getting better Butch. I don't think most folks who have sleeping issues realize what a negative impact it has on their entire life until they get in front of it. Also, you should be incredibly proud of going to the gym 12 times a week! I envy that commitment! Every time I read your blog I am inspired to reevaluate my day-to-day & to imagine where else I can fit in time for me & my health. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete